Enrollment and Residency Requirements
Prior to registering a child in Region 15, we require proof of residency. Permanent residency (physical presence with an intention to remain) in Southbury and/or Middlebury is the primary requirement to enroll in Region 15 schools. A landowner, taxpayer, or business owner does not confer residency privileges for school enrollment processes.
*Upon verification of the required documents, the student will be pre-enrolled. We will not formally enroll the student until the school nurse confirms Connecticut State health compliance.
At your Registration Appointment, please bring the following documents (Documents can be downloaded below):
- A rental lease or proof of home ownership (Deed, mortgage statement, current property tax bill)
- One Utility Bill for secondary proof of residency in the form of : utility bill, landline telephone, water, electric, gas, oil, or cable television - not a cellphone bill). New residents must provide secondary proofs within one month of enrolling their child.
- A photo ID (CT Driver's license or State ID card) showing current Region 15 address or unexpired passport, or Connecticut issued identification card.
- Region 15 Registration Form - one for each student registering
- Record Release Form - one for each student registering
- Most recent school transcripts, grades, test scores, and credits
- Connecticut Health Assessment Record (all incoming students must have a physical exam within 12 months of starting in Region 15).
- We can not accept photographs of State Health Assessment Records.
- School nurse and other health information can be found on the Region 15 Health Services page.
- Proof of Immunizations
- Affidavit Form: Demonstrating proof of legal guardianship or legal custody/residence, if applicable
- Proof of child's age with one of the following, but not limited to:
- Photocopy of a birth certificate (preferred)
- Student's unexpired passport
- Earlier school records
- State-issued identification document
- Physician's certificate verifying a student's age